Check your plumber’s contractor licence!
One of the most important steps you should take before choosing a plumber is to check the validity of their contractor’s licence! The NSW Government Office of Fair Trading runs an on-line service that allows you to run a plumber licence check quickly and easily.
The website will be able to tell you:
- details about the licence, such as the type of work your plumber is allowed to do
- the expiry date of the licence
- the results of any relevant prosecutions
- the number of insurance claims paid in respect to work done
- details of any penalty notices, and
- the details of any cancellations or suspensions of the licence
Every plumber should have their contractors licence on them at all times.
And additionally, any advertising by a plumbing company needs to have the licence number displayed.
Click through to this website and you will be able to start a licence check.