Common problems with hot water systems
There’s nothing like a chilly shower to throw your home into chaos! If your hot water system is leaking, flooding, burst or simply not working, call us straight away and we’ll sort it out. Our plumbers are qualified to conduct hot water system repairs and can install a new system if required.
Hot water systems are connected to the gas or electricity main and full of scalding hot water, so it’s important to steer clear until our plumbers arrive and sort it out. Common problems with hot water systems include:
- A failed element or thermostat of your electric hot water system that leaves you with no hot water
- A pilot light that has turned off
- A failed TPR valve that causes water to pour out of the overflow pipe
- A corroded tank that causes brown water to flow out of the hot tap or leak from the tank
- A failed tank that corrodes and explodes, flooding your property.
How STS Plumbing can help
We can service, repair or replace gas, electric and solar hot water systems of all sizes, whether it’s a small heater under the sink or a commercial system that services an entire unit block.
Our qualified plumbers will test and replace broken parts, including the tank if it has corroded or failed. If you need a new hot water system installed, we will discuss which system will best suit your hot water needs and preferred energy supply. Your old hot water system will be removed and disposed of thoughtfully within 24 hours.