Gas is a clean, green option for cooking and heating your home. It’s more affordable than electricity and incredibly energy efficient, saving you money now and in the future. If you’re looking to make the switch or need a local plumber to service, repair or install gas in your home, call STS plumbing today.
Think you have a gas leak?
Gas leaks in the home can expose you and your family to a potentially dangerous situation. If you hear a hissing sound near a gas appliance or smell the foul odour of gas inside or around your home, you may have a leak and need to take immediate action. Give us a call immediately and we’ll send out our experienced team to get your gas situation sorted.
Common causes of gas leaks and issues
- Broken seals on appliances that cause gas to escape
- Corrosion of old or faulty piping underneath your home
- Inadequate ventilation of an unflued appliance, causing condensation on walls and ceilings, sooting,
- smells, and discolouration of painted surfaces or textiles
- Poor gas supply that causes appliances to not work properly or shut down.
What gas services does STS provide?
- Leak detection and repair
- New meter connections
- Gas hot water installation and repairs
- Gas leak location and repairs
- Gas meter upgrades
- Bayonet point installation
- BBQ conversions
- Gas heating installation and repairs
- Gas equipment servicing
Q: I think I have a gas leak - can you tell me where it is and can you fix it?
Yes, reliably. For emergency gas repairs, we’ll use gas leak detectors to find the source of the leak and conduct pressure tests to confirm that the path from your home to the gas line is secure. We can also upgrade the gas meter to allow more gas to flow into your property if required.
Q: Are you certified to install and repair gas appliances?
You bet! Our plumbers are certified to service, install and repair gas appliances, complying with Standards Australia and ‘AS5601 – Gas Installations’ regulations.