Sewer Line Repair
It’s not the kind of conversation you’d have at the dinner table, but if you’ve got concerns about your sewer line, we’re available to chat about any problems you’re having, including unpleasant signs your sewer line may be blocked or broken.
"Give STS Plumbing a call - we’ll find and fix your sewer line damage to keep everything flowing smoothly"
Think you've got a problem with your sewer line?
A damaged or blocked sewer line can wreak havoc on your property and affect the health and safety of your family, so it requires an expert touch. If you notice any soggy patches in your lawn, blocked drains, foul smells or unusual sounds coming from your plumbing, you may have a problem with your sewage.
Common causes of sewer line problems
There are some usual suspects when it comes to causes of sewer line issues; however, they can happen for several reasons, including:
- Tree roots that grow into the pipe through the joints, or create cracks that block the pipe
- Old or poorly installed pipes that cause the sewer line to collapse and the surrounding soil to erode, blocking the flow of wastewater
- A build-up of debris or overloading of stormwater that causes the sewer line to crack
- Accidental damage from heavy equipment during nearby construction or excavation work
- Shifting or settling ground that changes the topography of the land, putting stress on the pipes
- Corrosion due to a chemical reaction with the wastewater or soil causing structural weakness
Can STS Plumbing help?
As the North Shore’s plumbing experts, we understand the layout and condition of sewer lines and stormwater drainage around your home. Our plumbers use modern diagnostic equipment, including video cameras, to find the source of the problem with pinpoint accuracy.
First, we’ll clear any blockages to get your wastewater flowing again using high-pressure jets to remove debris inside the sewer pipe. If the pipe has collapsed or cracked, we can repair or replace the broken section while minimising damage to your garden and property.
Q: Do you do emergency callouts?
We don’t want to leave you waist-deep in your sewerage issue. For this reason, we are happy to do callouts for a fee; just give us a call and we can provide an estimation over the phone.