Small Bathroom Renovations
Our bathroom renovation services include:
- Disconnecting existing fixtures and pipes in preparation for renovation
- Demolition and removal
- Installation and repositioning of pipes, drains, sewage and hot water system
- Supply of lighting, heating and ventilation
- Supply of tiling and waterproofing
- Installation of shower screens
- Custom-made bathroom vanities
- Installation of fittings and fixtures including toilet, bath, shower, sink and taps
Everything you need to know about bathroom renovations and more...
What is the process from quote to completion?
- Demolition where a crew will remove your old bathroom.
- STS and the electrician will conduct their “rough in”, installing baths, pipework and running wiring.
- Time for rendering and then water proofing this will take some time to dry properly
- The tiler will attend to lay a screed, install under floor heating if chosen. Then the tiling will begin.
- Once complete the shower screen will be measured and ordered.
- Time for a bit of carpentry, doors. Finishing off a window etc
- Painting will then be conducted
- Fit out will then be conducted by STS Plumbing to install taps, vanity’s toilets and bidet’s
- The electrician will finish off the switches lights and could even hook up the LED TV at the end of your bath.
- Final clean
- Install the shower screen and you are all done.
Will I be able to use my bathroom during the renovation?
Who provides and sources all materials for the bathroom renovation?
What about the rest of the house?
Can anything go wrong during the bathroom renovation?
What are common mistakes people make renovating their bathrooms?
- Choosing a quote purely on price. This is a concern as cheap quote often means a poor quality bathroom and potentially more on-going bills as the price didn’t include items that higher quotes did.
- Not ensuring that your contractor is only using licensed trades.
- The big one is letting your tiler conduct the full renovation including the plumbing and electrical. This happens regularly and you should be aware that it is illegal for any trade to conduct plumbing and electrical work without the correct qualifications and contractors license. Simon has personally seen the results of this and it never works out for you, the client.